Since my mama basically means the world to me, Mother's Day has always been a big deal at our home, that had to be celebrated BIG (you may remember last year's special photo shoot in the Grand Canyon, or our girls' trip to Rome). And this year is of course extra special since it's the first time I'll be experiencing it as a mama-to-be! (I'm fully expecting extra kicks from our little boy :)) So if you're still on the hunt for that perfect gift to celebrate your perfect mama, these are my 7 favourites:
- FLOWER DELIVERY SUBSCRIPTION - BLOOMON: No matter how traditional, I still think that flowers are a super great gift (they just add instant joy to your day, don't you think?). The only downside is that they go bad after a while, which is totally overcome if you go with a weekly flower delivery subscription! The best way to make your mama smile every single week of the year... (Bouqs offers a similar service overseas)
- PRINTED SILK PJ'S - OLIVIA VON HALLE: I've been a fan of the Olivia von Halle silk pj's since forever, as they're seriously the ultimate thing to slip into after a long exhausting day. They're timeless and cute, and totally appropriate for wearing during the day. Win/win!
- GIRL POWER HOOP EARRING - ALISON LOU: The Alison Lou girl power collection doesn't only look great, it also supports a good cause (30% of the sales go to Planned Parenthood). And since these hoops can be worn with either their pink or golden side showing, it's ideal for pairing with any outfit that celebrates both the girl and the woman inside of her.
- FLORAL POUCH - BALENCIAGA: There's something really sophisticated about a printed oversized pouch, and since it can be used in so many ways (to store make-up, keep your essentials, or as a clutch bag) it's the perfect timeless and versatile mother's day gift!
- THE SUPER BLEND SERUM - MAYA CHIA: This all-natural pressed serum may seem like a splurge, but if you check the ingredients list - we're talking the best of nature's anti-aging and moisturising super powers - you'll know that it's all she ever wanted.
- ITACARÉ SCENTED CANDLE - SANUI: Scented candles are definitely on my always-right gift list, because you essentially give relaxation and indulgence - kind of like luxury in a jar. And of course, I'm still totally in love with our all-natural Itacaré candles, that make me feel safe and spoiled, just how my mama always makes me feel. :)
- MAMA BIRD SHIRT - THE BEE AND THE FOX: The Mama Bird shirt is here to stay, and that's simply because it's just the sweetest thing ever, perfect to throw on with some casual denim and easy loafers, 'cause mama's gotta relax from time to time.
What will you be giving your mama for Mother's Day? Happy Mother's Day to all the mother figures out there! :)