Ever since Alicia Keys announced that she won't be wearing make-up anymore, the no make-up look seems to be everywhere. Case in point: queen of strobing and contouring, Kim Kardashian, showed up make-up-less at the Balenciaga show, and the predominant beauty look on the runways was definitely all about natural dewy skin. Since most of us can't afford Kim K's undoubtedly carefully supervised skincare regimen, we do need a few simple tricks to look like the best version of our natural selves. :) So we snuck backstage at the Emanuel Ungaro show to steal the best pro tips from the M.A.C. experts! Here goes:
- Spray your skin with the Prep + Prime Natural Radiance (that serves as a primer), then hydrate your skin with the Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion, to create the perfect basis for your make-up.
- Apply a thin layer of the Studio Waterweight Foundation to create an even skin tone (I always love it when my foundation has a high SPF ('coz I'm lazy), and this one has an SPF 30!
- Cover up any under-eye dark circles with the Prep + Prime Highlighter pen.
- Curl your lashes with the Full Lash Curler, and groom your brows with the Brow Sculpt pencil (in a shade that's a little bit lighter than your actual brows).
- Set your make-up with the Invisible Set Powder; this is my fave, because it provides a finish that doesn't look powdery at all!
- Finish with the Mixing Medium Shine on top of your cheekbones, for a gorgeous luminous look.
Super easy, right? What do you think of this look, and the no make-up trend in general? Doesn't it sound liberating?