There are some things that are downright sexy. Lace-up heels, a leather pencil skirt, and a bright lip: they always add a little edge. I just really love the effect that something as simple as a punchy lip colour has on my overall appearance. However, a bold lip can be pretty awful when applied poorly (there's nothing like a good old-fashioned hot-red-lipstick-on-your-front-teeth moment, right?). Since it's a thin (lip) line between sophisticated and a little bit too much, here are my ultimate 5 steps for creating a refined bold lip, to complete your Holiday look:
- Apply a thin layer of the Chanel CC Cream and Dior's Fix It concealer below your eyes. These multi-taskers neutralize redness and dark circles (something I always suffer from), and they give your skin a nice healthy glow, especially important to avoid an overload of red tones. :)
- Gently curl your upper and lower eyelashes (as you know, I'd totally recommend the Shu Uemura curler) and apply 2-3 thin layers of the super pigmented black Diorshow mascara.
- Using a good lip pencil, such as Chanel's no. 69 Rose Ardent (sadly no longer available, but no. 55 Fuschia is very similar), is crucial for getting the perfect bright lip. I like to use a tone that's slightly darker than my lipstick, because this tends to look more natural and helps your lipstick stay on much longer.
- Fill in your lined lips with your favourite poppy colour. I used a super flattering bright pink, Tahiti Pink by Bobbi Brown, which has the perfect in-between-matte-and-sheer finish.
- Finish with a very small amount of this super light Clarins Cream Blush no. 5 Rose, to give your skin a little bit of colour without clashing with your bright lips.
STYLE IT WITH
Your sexiest LBD, high heels, low knot, and red nails (I'm wearing Faby's Look at Me Baby!)! The ultimate NYE party or date-night-at-home look!