Now that my due date is coming so close, I found it time to start packing my hospital delivery bag! And yes, that was kind of a surreal experience. :) Because what do you pack for one of the most life-changing unpredictable moments of your life? A toothbrush? Soft undies? Golden balloons and glittery confetti? After careful consideration (we truly did the research), we decided to focus on 2 things: comfort & an all-natural feel. And I'm so happy with the little things we picked out... Here goes!
Though I'm obviously not planning to give birth with a full red carpet beauty look, I know it's going to make me feel put-together to at least bring some of my favourite beauty & skincare items, mostly for a bit of refreshment here and there:
- EAU DE BEAUTÉ FACIAL MIST - CAUDALIE This is one of my go-to products to stay fresh & awake (I always have it with me when I'm traveling), so I hope it'll have the same effect on labor day. :)
- HUILE PRODIGIEUSE DRY OIL - NUXE I love a good multitasker to keep the amount of beauty supplies in check, and this 3-in-1 hair/body/face oil is exactly that.
- AVOPLEX HAND & NAIL CREAM - O.P.I. My hands tend to get very dry, even in Spring, so this high-instensity hand & nail cream will definitely come in handy (ha!).
- LIP GLOW POMADE - DIOR I imagine this nourishing lip balm that brings out the natural colour of your lips will be perfect to make me look (more) fresh.
- SCULPTING BRIGHTENING CONCEALER - DIOR I'm guessing there'll be quite some dark circles to cover up, so if I feel like it, this will be the way to do it.
- LE VOLUME MASCARA - CHANEL Not sure if I'll be using this, but just in case. :)
- LES BEIGES HEALTHY GLOW NATURAL EYESHADOW PALETTE - CHANEL Same thinking, but if there's one eye palette to bring, it's this natural looking one (raved about it before in this nude beauty look tutorial).
- SOLEIL CONTOURING POWDER - TOM FORD I find that nothing brings out your eyes more than a good round of contouring, and these 3 colours do an exceptionally good job for my blue eyes!
- VILLA NOACARLINA TOOTHPASTE - LEBON Gotta bring your toothpaste, especially if it looks like this.
- FOAM DRY SHAMPOO - OUAI This dry shampoo is among my favourites, because apart from smelling divine, its foam texture makes it super easy and discreet to apply.
- BABY CLEANSING WATER - LA LANGERIE One of the things I mostly look forward to is that precious baby smell, so this all-natural baby cleansing water will be super great to enhance that.
As with make-up, I think I can safely assume that my outfit is going to be the last thing on my mind when going into labor, but now that I'm still thinking sanely, I'm happy to pack pieces that'll make my feel comfy, warm & cosy - before, during and after giving birth:
- SOFT UNDIES & NURSING BRA - COSABELLA Finding a pretty nursing bra took FOREVER, so when I came across this one I ordered it in 3 different colours and I'm so happy I did, because they're equally gorgeous in real life.
- CASHMERE JUMPSUIT - MADELEINE THOMPSON I wondered about what I wanted to wear in the hospital for a while, and finally opted for this black cashmere jumpsuit (because the beige option is probably not a good idea with a newborn ;)). I'll most likely rotate between this jumpsuit and a simple cotton robe, depending on the temperature and my general comfort level, but in any case, the jumpsuit feels like a nice & comfy outfit to go home in too. :)
- WARM BOOTIES - UGG Best things to put on your feet to feel cosy & warm (proof).
- COSY BLANKET - MISSONI Because I'm perpetually cold, I always, always, always have an emergency blanket on me, and this one's my all-time favourite (also pictured in our bedroom reveal).
For the baby, it was twice as hard to determine which little outfit would be the very first thing he'll ever wear (no pressure at all), so I decided to keep it sweet & simple:
- SOFT COTTON ONESIE, MATCHING MITTENS, HAT & BOOTIES - THÉOPHILE & PATACHOU Died when this little set arrived, so I think it'll make for a cute first look. :)
- SWADDLE BLANKETS - FRANCIS & HENRY, LA LANGERIE I've always loved the idea of swaddle blankets for newborns. It just makes sense to cuddle them up in a way that reminds them of the tummy where they resided for so long, and here's hoping that it'll help our little one to sleep like an angel.
- BUNNY BEAR - THÉOPHILE & PATACHOU
EXTRA COMFORT & PRACTICALITIES
I've heard many stories about overpacked delivery bags (does one really ever consume the 7 packs of nuts you brought?), and as a notorious overpacker myself, I was cautious about packing too much of what I call 'my comfort essentials' - you know, those things that remind you of the good things in life, whether it's by a particular smell, sound or feel. But of course, I threw them in anyways, because only imagine not bringing the one thing that could soothe your mind during one of the most stressful events of your life (reasoning as a true overpacker!).
- SOOTHING PLAYLIST, CAMERA, NURSING PILLOW, CAR SEAT, INSURANCE PAPERS
- POWER FOOD BARS, DARK CHOCOLATE, QUINOA COOKIES & FRESH NUTS I have to say I've been stocking up on healthy snacks to pack in my delivery bag embarrassingly soon. Apart from (hopefully) keeping me nourished and fuelled throughout the entire experience, I also like to have some treats on hand for visitors, so I'm sure I'll be happy to have brought my stash of Primal Pantry cocoa brownie bars, Supersec dried strawberries, Quinette quinoa cookies and fresh nuts!
- COCONUT WATER - DR. MARTINS Forever obsessed with coconut water, because best thing ever to stay hydrated (plus it reminds me of our sweet Brazil vacations!).
- SCENTED CANDLE - SANUI I first created our scented candles with this purpose only: to make me feel at home in unfamiliar places. So this one's definitely coming with me... :)
On my nails: FABY Let's Dance
What did you pack in your hospital delivery bag? Please, please, please do tell me if I'm forgetting something crucial! :)